A Practical Approach to Nourish Your Body through Simple Swaps
Focusing on nutrition can be a powerful tool in your journey towards remission. We understand that making changes to your diet can feel overwhelming, but the benefits are well worth it.
In fact, studies have shown that certain foods, herbs, spices, and drinks can cut inflammation in half or more with just a few servings. This means less joint pain, less fatigue, and an overall improvement in your well-being.
Small Steps & Simple Swaps to Make Eating Healthy Easier
Life is busy. Our lives with an autoimmune disease can be chaotic. Thankfully there are products and services that help you make those healthy changes. Explore steps and resources to make eating healthier easier. We’re here for you!
Our Favorite Recipe Resources
Our sources focus on clean eating, which means whole, unprocessed foods whenever possible.
- Mark Hyman, MD, is the gold standard when it comes to the Pegan Diet. Browse recipes or get his book Food: What the Heck Should I cook? with more than 100 recipes!
- The Minimalist Baker recipes are either fewer than 10 ingredients, 1 bowl, or 30 minutes or under to prep! You can filter by diet, including dairy, gluten, or grain-free (essentials for AID nutrition and health).
- Clean Eating Kitchen provides easy gluten and dairy-free recipes and tips to help people with chronic disease. The Healthy Meal Prep Instant Pot Cookbook and Quick & Easy Health Cookbooks are popular hits!
Save on Groceries & Get them Delivered!
Make it easier to have high-quality grocery items on hand with Misfits Market.
- Save up to $1,200 a year on Groceries! Customize your weekly order among 500+ produce, meat, seafood, and more!
- Skip the Store! Fresh, high quality food delivered straight to your door.
- Do some Good! Joining for FREE helps fix a broken food system and build a more sustainable future.
Essential Kitchen Gadgets
Make eating clean more accessible with a few simple kitchen gadgets and tools.
- Single-serve high-powered blender makes it so much easier to make smoothies, especially when you’re short on time!
- Food Processor is great for making hummus, sauces and more!
- Did you know cooking at high-temps can create carcinogenic by-products? A slow cooker/crockpot or Instant pot is a great alternative. (Source)
- Grind nuts, seeds and spices with a coffee grinder.
Discover Safer Packaged Foods, Personal Care & Household Products
With a scan of a barcode, this free app can help you find healthier, cleaner choices of packaged foods, cosmetics, and other personal care products.
- Check the quality of ingredients in cosmetic and personal care products
- Get recommendations for cleaner, healthier options without the additives
- 100% independent – no influence from brands, no ads and financially responsible
Our Favorite Nutrition Books!
Did you know reading helps you fall asleep faster, reduces stress, lowers blood pressure and heart rate, fights depression symptoms, and more?!
- Anti-Inflammatory AIP Cookbook for beginners – 75 Recipes and a 2-week Plan to Jumpstart Your Health, by Chelsea Lye
- The Immune System Recovery Plan – A doctor’s 4-step plan to better health with over 50 recipes, by Dr. Susan Blum
- The Simple Paleo Kitchen: 60 Delicious Gluten- and Grain-Free Recipes Without the Fuss, by Jesse Bittner
Explore Related Steps to Help You Achieve Autoimmune Disease Remission
Discover steps toward a healthier home by reducing your exposure to toxins and chemicals with simple swaps for cleaner spaces.Learn More
Find resources tailored to all mobility levels and start your journey towards a more active lifestyle.Learn More
Growth & Development
Your autoimmune disease doesn’t have to hinder your personal or professional growth. Our resources cater to varying energy levels and prioritize your development goals to grow personally and professionally.Discover Resources